Bloomingdale Baptist Church was organized on April 2, 1944 in response to a request made from within the community for Baptist church services. A council consisting of 8 preachers and 13 deacons from surrounding churches was named and a call was made for charter members. Thirteen precious people responded to that call, eight by letter, one by statement, and four by baptism.
An offering was taken that day and $100 was collected and in a spirit of giving, a spirit that has continued to the present, it was voted to give ten percent of what was collected through the cooperative program. The remainder was added to money already collected and the former Epworth Methodist Church building was purchased for $1,600 including fixtures and .08 of an acre of land. It was in that old church building with thirteen charter members and fifty donated song books that Bloomingdale Baptist Church, the oldest Baptist church in the Bloomingdale area, humbly began.